Friday, June 04, 2004

D Day, Philly, new friends, birthdays, and more

Plane leaves in 9 hours from Philly, but we have to be at the airport in three. Its time to hurry up and wait!

I got my vaccinations this morning, Yellow Fever, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and another one that I've forgotten. Those shots made me feel a little WOOOOOOOOZZYYY. But I'm ok now.

Yesterday was my big 24th birthday. Get this: Out of 24 people, there are 3 Allens (same spelling, all in the business program), and three june 3rd birthdays. One of those birthdays happens to be my roommate at the hotel who turned 69 yesterday! He's pretty amazing for doing this. Last night we all went out and splurged a little with the $160 walk around cash PC gave us. Calamari, Tuna, Guinness, and more...It was real nice. Hung out at an Irish pub with some local Phildaelphians who had no idea where and what Cameroon was. They said "You's guys are all craaazy!" What a way to go...haha.

I reall like this group of people. Talk about diversity, every age, race, background, you can imagine. Although, the majority of the people are in my age range. I think I'll make some good friends.

Staging was good, lots of interesting info, well put together, I feel more prepared and enthusiastic about everything.

Ok, gotta go pack, or unpack my bags down to 80 lbs. Should be interesting...

This will be my last post before I leave the country. Next time I write, I will be in beautiful Yaounde, Cameroon.

A bientot!

3 Comments:

At June 7, 2004 at 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are waiting for an update. It is now Monday the 7th and you should be there by now (unless you had to swim across the Atlantic). If you are there, do you have a nice tan yet? Have you found a girlfriend yet? Did you find a local Burger King or MacDonald's? Did your luggage go to Hispanola? Love Grandpa and Grandma B

 
At June 9, 2004 at 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He made it just fine, got a quick email from Al. They are quarentined in the hotel until they can get their identity cards. I'm sure we'll get an update soon!

Big Bad Dad

 
At June 10, 2004 at 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey why didn't I get an email???? I miss him already!!

Love-
Favorite sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home