Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Packing...

This time next week, I will be touching down in Philadelphia for three days of staging. This time in 11 days, I will be touching down in Yaounde, Cameroon, getting my first glimpse of what I will be calling "home" for the next 27 months.

I've been spending the morning packing, organizing, and trying to watch the French Open at the same time. The French Open was too distracting, so I turned it off and put some tunes on instead. I've been drinking lots of coffee to accelerate the process.

It seems like my "to do list" keeps growing. I keep getting stuff done, but for everything I do, I think of two more things I need to do. I have to somehow split the next 5 days between friends, family, and preparation. I know I'm probably overpacking, and I wont need half the crap I'm bringing, but hey, I'd rather be overprepared. I'm bringing way too many books, which really weigh my bags down, but I cant decide which ones are worth leaving behind, they all seem so interesting. I also have about 50 AA batteries, I should probably leave a few behind too.

I can't forget to register to vote, and get an absentee ballot. This upcoming election is extremely important, I gotta vote! If I remember correctly , part of the controversy with the last election involved overseas votes that weren't counted, they'd better count mine...or else...

Okay, better get back to work. I'm going to a concert tonight, and I want to have some peace of mind by then so I can enjoy it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home